Compared to the vast amount that students spend on getting their degree these days, our internships provide excellent value for money. Employers generally rank work experience as the most valuable aspect of a successful candidates profile.
By not having work experience in your chosen field, you are missing out on numerous potential job offers. Additionally, 60% of our interns go on to get jobs with the company they intern with.
Whilst the value our internships provide is obvious, some candidates find it hard to fund their placement. This article will highlight some funding options available for candidates to explore.
University Scholarships/ Grants
Most universities have travel/overseas working grants and bursaries available. Enquire directly at your university, to find out more.
A list of some of these scholarships in the UK are:
- Charlie Bayne Travel Trust (University Of Cambridge)
- Andy Ozimek Travel Bursary (University Of Birmingham)
- Graduate Travel Fund (University Of Birmingham)
- William Morton Memorial Prize (University Of Birmingham – Birmingham Business School)
- Sir Godfrey Collins Travelling Scholarship (University Of Glasgow)
- Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Scholarships (University Of Glasgow)
- Zibby Garnett Travelling Fellowship (De Montfort University)
- Martha Vidor Studentship (University Of Liverpool – School Of Music).
In the USA there are the following:
- AIFS Abroad Scholarship
- Asian Cultural Council
- Boren Scholarship
- Freeman Asia
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Fund My Travel
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Gilman Scholarship
- Go Overseas Study Abroad Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- IIE Study Abroad Funding and Rotary International.
There are lots of Crowd Funding sites, which can allow you to raise money for any cause. Some of these may be useful to raise money for your placement. A list of some of these are:
You could also be creative with other methods of fundraising. Some basic ideas are event organisation or a sponsored sporting achievement. But you could also be far more creative with this. For more inspiration have a look here.
If you apply at least six months before the internship, we can allow you to pay in monthly instalments to spread the cost and let you to budget your finances better. To find out more about payment plans, send us an email.