These are the General Terms and Conditions set out by Capital Placement Limited and Capital Placement London Limited, trading as “Capital Placement” valid for all internship programmes with Capital Placement (“We", “CP”, “Us", “The company") by you (“Intern”, “You", “Your", “Applicant”, “Client", “Student” “Participant”). All programmes are subject to these conditions, which become legally binding upon making an application. Capital Placement reserves the right to withhold confirmation of enrolment at its discretion, if such action is deemed necessary in the interests of the client, Capital Placement or any of our partners. In addition to the following Terms and Conditions, all Interns of Capital Placement are obliged to act in compliance with the rules and regulations of the relevant country in which the programme is conducted. Failure to do so may lead your place on the programme being terminated and possible civil or criminal actions by the host country.
In return for the receipt of your full programme fee, CP will deliver the following:
- Arrange provisions for an unpaid internship with a hosting company.
- Provide furnished accommodation. Accommodation is provided from the start date of Your programme until the end date of Your programme.
- Use reasonable endeavours to help You obtain the necessary visa prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Prior to departure, provide You with an orientation pack with information on Your host company, local culture and customs, procedures and other relevant information.
- Upon Your arrival, collection and transportation from the designated airport to Your designated accommodation.
- Provide contact details of representatives on locations who may be contacted in case of any difficulties, problems or emergencies.
- Provide social and/ or cultural activities.
All programmes are subject to these conditions, which become legally binding upon making an application for a place on the programme.
During Your time on the programme, You will:
- Maintain good conduct at all times.
- Comply with the instructions provided by CP staff, our partners and/or subcontractors. Improper interference with the functioning of the programme that deviates from the accepted professional or ethical standards will be regarded as misconduct. This includes not following the terms, conditions and rules set by our partners.
- Liaise with CP to ensure sufficient documentation and support is provided to assist with your placement and visa application process.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we expect all documents requested to be submitted within 5 working days.
- Reply in a timely manner to all correspondence issued by CP. For the avoidance of doubt, we expect a response within 48 hours.
- Communicate clearly with CP about your placement preferences and understand We will endeavour to find a suitable match based on your communicated preferences.
- Work with Us in a supportive and times manner to attend any necessary telephone or Skype interviews as required by us or your host company.
- Utilise all the resources and support provided by Us in the lead up to your departure, during the programme and post programme, including thoroughly reading all documents supplied to you.
- Please note, Capital Placement is not a travel agency and we cannot book flights on your behalf. We can however assist you with finding and booking tickets. All travel plans to the programme destination must be communicated with Capital Placement. We advice all candidates to not book flight tickets until you have receive a valid visa, giving you the right to intern in that country. Capital Placement cannot and will not be responsible for any of your travel arrangements.
- Follow your host companies’ code of conduct, policies, dress code, break times and any other rules and regulations set by the company. You should act as an employee of your assigned host company and complete all tasks given to you to the best of your ability. You understand and accept that failure to adhere to this clause may result in Your internship being terminated by the host company and as a result, CP reserves the right to terminate your participation on the programme with immediate effect. No refund will be provided in this scenario.
- Accept CP has no control over the jobs, tasks, type or amount of work given to You by your host company, during your time on the programme.
- You must communicate with CP any serious complaints, including concerns related to dissatisfaction with our services or with your host company.
- Take responsibility of your conduct during all times while on the programme.
- You agree not to act irresponsibly, break the local laws or customs of Your programme location, or put Yourself or others in dangerous situations. If You do, You will be responsible for the consequences and CP reserves the right to terminate Your participation on the programme with immediate effect. No refunds will be issued under these circumstances.
- The contract takes effect upon Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (continuing the application process without protest to the Terms and Conditions will be understood as acceptance of the contract).
Fees can be paid by bank transfers or through our secure website (there will be a 3% transaction fee for non-bank transactions) and are to be paid in full within 7 calendar days from receiving an invoice from CP. Bank charges are Your liability.
After an offer for a place on our programme has been sent to you, a deposit of 350 GBP has to be paid by You to CP within 7 calendar days of receiving the invoice. This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance, except in the case of CP failing to find you a suitable internship. The remaining fee for the programme has to be paid when an offer letter from the host company has been issued or 4 weeks prior to departure, whichever is earlier. Payment is defined as receipt of funds in our bank account or presenting a valid proof of bank transfer. Any bank costs incurred are your liability.
It is Your responsibility to make sure that payment by bank transfer is possible in time from Your bank account or find alternative ways of making the bank transfer before the 7-day deadline.
No compensation, fee reductions, refunds, credit or extension of the programme can be given under normal circumstances, including:
- Services or inclusions as defined on the website not used
- Late arrival, absence or early departure from a programme
- Days when the company is closed because of official holidays
Note: The fee paid to Us by You is purely for the programme inclusions and is not for the sourcing of the internship itself. We would like to clarify that We, nor Your prospective company, charge for the internship and all monies paid by You is to cover the cost of accommodation, insurance, visa, etc. CP is not liable for any costs associated with items or services that are not included in the programme inclusions including visa fees and flight tickets.
The internship found for You will only be confirmed after the deposit has been paid in full.
Any work-related issues between You and the host company are to be solved between the two parties. CP is an agent for the sourcing of the internship and cannot guarantee the content and quality of the internship. In case of dispute, CP can act as a mediator if necessary.
Once You have been issued an offer letter from the host company, the host company cannot be changed under any circumstance.
In instances where the assigned host company demands it, You agree to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the assigned host company. Regardless of whether or not the assigned host company requires a written Non-Disclosure Agreement, then You agree to respect and keep confidential the Intellectual Property and any confidential information of the assigned host company. Any violation of this clause can have severe consequences, including possible prosecution and lawsuits.
We are not responsible for the workload provided by the assigned host company whether it is a high intensity or low intensity. In such situations, You should discuss the problem with Us and We will endeavour to resolve the issue accordingly.
If the assigned host company terminates Your placement prior to the end of the stated time as a result of Your inadequate or unhelpful participation, prolonged or repeated absence from work, or repeated tardiness in arrival at work, or unethical conduct, or improper conduct, or improper behaviour, or violation of contract with the employer, or any violation of company rules, or the laws of the respective country, or any similar acts or omissions, no refund of Programme fees will be given and We are under no obligation to provide another placement. In such a case, We reserve the right to cancel Your programme with immediate effect and will request You to vacate the accommodation within 3 working days of being notified to do so. Possible surcharges, e.g. additional flight ticket, accommodation charges, etc., will be Your responsibility.
Prior to the offer letter being issued, You can extend or reduce the duration of the programme without any additional fee. Between an offer letter being issued and visa/ Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) being issued, there will be an administration fee of £100 GBP for any changes in programme duration. Once a visa or CoS has been issued, the duration of the internship cannot be changed.
All accommodation provided as part of the programme is fully furnished. You are responsible for any material damage to the accommodation which occurs during Your stay. The accommodation will be a commutable distance from the workplace.
Any special requests in regard to accommodation must be made 4 weeks prior to departure, at the latest. These requests may include all-male/female housing or requests to share an apartment with a particular person or group of persons. In case that You want to change accommodation for any reason, a request can be made at CP. However, the success of such a request cannot be guaranteed. If you agree with another intern to change accommodation, You are free to do so, but must first inform CP by written or personal notification. Room changes without the consent of CP may lead to non-refundable cancellation of Your programme.
You are only allowed to have overnight guests in Your rooms. We and our accommodation partners reserve the right to eject any visitors from the accommodation if deemed necessary by CP’s or our partner’s staff.
If overstaying in the accommodation (staying longer than the amount of period applied for), this is subject to a minimum fee of 50 GBP per night. Overstay is subject to availability and can only be granted if the room has not been reserved for new Interns.
Capital Placement will do everything within its power to ensure You are at a single address throughout the duration of Your internship but in rare circumstances, this may not always be possible, in which case, we may have to place You in temporary accommodation for a short period or provide alternative accommodation
We reserve the right to make charges for any missing or damaged items from the designated accommodation or for any additional cleaning or repair charges to the designated accommodation that may be incurred during the Programme. You agree to pay these charges as notified to the You in writing in full to Us within 14 days of finishing the Programme.
If the full balance of the programme fees is not paid by the due date specified on the invoice, CP reserves the right to cancel Your programme and impose cancellation charges. Cancellation charges will also be imposed if You cancel Your programme, or makes any changes to the programme, including, but not restricted to, change of commencement date or location.
Cancellation charges are as below:
- If You have not been issued with an offer letter from a hosting company: Full deposit
- If You have been issued an offer letter from the host company, and You have paid the full programme fee and the cancellation occurs over 4 weeks to departure: 25% programme fee
- If You have been issued an offer letter from the host company, and You have paid the full programme fee and the cancellation occurs within 4 weeks to departure: 50% programme fee
- If the cancellation occurs During the programme: 100% programme fee. Please note dates are calculated as calendar days and not working days.
Alterations by You to a programme regarding dates and accommodation can be made until an offer letter from a hosting company has been issued for free of charge. The alteration must be done in writing.
Alterations can be made once an offer letter from the host company has been issued, for an admin fee of £100 plus or minus any difference in programme fee arising from the revised duration.
No changes can be made once a visa application or certificate of Sponsorship (or equivalent) has been applied for. Any changes at stage will be treated as a programme cancellation and a new programme being booked. Please view section above for information regarding cancellation fee.
CANCELLATION BY CAPITAL PLACEMENT
If We cancel the programme prior to the start of the programme for any reason, a full refund will be issued to You. No compensation will be given by Us for any costs incurred in relation to the Programme by the Participant or any other person.
If You are refused a visa for whatever reason and no alternative is provided by the relevant authorities, the programme fees minus the deposit will be refunded to the client. No compensation will be given by Us for any costs incurred in relation to the Programme by You or any other person.
If a You do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or exhibits undue behaviour (including but non limited to; racism, verbal abuse of staff or other programme participants, bullying or harassment of other Participants, drug or alcohol abuse, anti-social or unreasonable behaviour or unfit conduct towards other Programme members, Our representatives or the assigned internship company, poor conduct, violations of the laws of the relevant country, etc.), CP reserves the right to cancel Your programme with immediate effect. The programme fee will not be reimbursed. Possible surcharges, e.g. additional flight ticket, accommodation, etc., will be Your responsibility.
Passport, Visa, Customs and Health Restrictions
It is Your responsibility to make sure You have a valid passport and is not due to expire within 6 months of the programme finishing. It is Your responsibility to comply with all regulations concerning customs and health regulations of the country you are travelling to. Non-compliance with these regulations and any costs that might be incurred due to this are Your responsibility. Documents for the application of the visa must be submitted within the deadline set by CP, any delay may result in additional fees to You.
It is Your responsibility to ensure You are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. All costs incurred in obtaining such documentation must be paid by You. We cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
We are not, and You shall not hold Us, responsible or liable for any damages or costs relating to the loss of or damage to Your passport or any other personal property at any part of the visa process, during the Programme, during transit or during registration with the relevant embassies or other third parties.
All matters regarding visa and Your arrival into the programme location is a matter between You and the Government of the country you are interning in. You acknowledge that matters regarding the visa processing, the time it takes to process Your visa or Your entry into the country is out of Our control and You shall not hold us responsible for any costs incurred due to delays or refusals for any of the above.
CP, its representatives, staff, and any individual affiliated to our activities will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury to persons or property of whatever cause unless negligent. Emergency medical, dental, and emergency evacuation insurance will be provided by CP. It is Your responsibility to have additional insurance against any further risks, including inability to attend or continue on the programme.
CP cannot be held liable for any insurance claim whatsoever. Any lack of proper insurance is Your sole responsibility.
Our aggregate maximum liability is limited to the amount of the actual cash paid by You to Us for the Programme.
HEALTH & VACCINATIONS
It is your responsibility to ensure You are aware of all recommended and required vaccination and health precautions in good time before departure. Details should be available from Your doctor and from the National Travel Health Network and Centre- www.nathnac.org
If You should experience any problems whilst partaking in Our Programme, You must immediately inform Us in writing by email, with a clear explanation of the problem. In such an event, We will discuss the problem with the You and will discuss ways in which the problem can be solved. We are not responsible for any conversations or anything that is said by Us or on Our behalf unless it is recorded in the written form either in an email or letter sent by Us to You.
You are responsible for Your own safety during the Programme and neither CP nor the assigned host company is responsible or liable for any accident, sickness, loss, damage, expense or hazard encountered or incurred by You during the Programme.
CP Reserve the right to substitute aspects of the programme inclusions for items or experiences of similar value due to operational reasons. E.g. – replacing a cultural event with a social event.
CP reserves the right to subcontract aspects of the programme to select, pre-vetted third party providers to deliver the internship programme.
We take no responsibility and are not liable for:
- Any accidents that take place at any third party locations including but not limited to the premises of the assigned internship company and the designated accommodation.
- Any damages to the assigned internship company during a Your placement with them, which, in all cases, You shall be responsible and liable for. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You purchase personal liability insurance prior to the commencement of the Programme.
It shall be a fundamental condition of the contract between CP and You that CP will in no way be liable to You in the event of any contracted service becoming impossible to supply because of force majeure, e.g. war, civil strife, changes in visa rules and regulations, industrial dispute or any other cause outside Our control.
VALIDITY OF CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions are valid from July 1st 2017 and are subject to laws of England and Wales. Alterations to these Terms and Conditions are valid from the moment of publication on the website.
The content and information displayed on our website and other promotional material is believed to be valid and correct but We are not liable, and You shall not hold Us responsible, for any misinformation or ambiguities in such content. Please contact us directly if You have any queries regarding any such content for clarification.
The Programme fee is subject to change without notice and You may be liable for any increased Programme fee unless Your full Programme fee has already been paid to Us
This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements or communications between the parties relating to its subject matter.
Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
The rights of the parties to terminate, rescind or agree any variation, waiver or settlement under this agreement is not subject to the consent of any person that is not a party to this agreement.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY