Accelerate your career with our award-winning paid accounting internships
Build Your Accounting Career
Our accounting internships give you the opportunity to intern with global companies while building an invaluable skill set. Accounting and audit internships entail attention to detail in completing work tasks, and appreciation of the value of compliance to policies and confidentiality.
Get ahead in this competitive industry and grow your practical knowledge by developing the hard and soft skills needed to excel in this field. You will gain experience that can improve skills in data analysis, monitoring, complex problem-solving and critical thinking. Find out more.
Key Skills For This Industry
- Data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Critical thinking
- Industry Knowledge
- Spreadsheet Proficiency
Join a global alumni community
Career Paths You Can Take In Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Fund and Investment Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Management Accounting
- Group Accounting
- Public Accountant
- Tax Accountant
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Planner
At a Glance
were offered full-time roles within 6 months of completing their internships
of interns at university were offered a 2nd summer internship for 2021.
- Research and Data Entry
Assist with research and data entry to help maintain complete and accurate financial records.
- Book-keeping and Bank Reconciliation
Maintain financial or account records by performing data entry tasks, doing calculations, preparing invoices and billing, posting and verifying financial transactions.
Study and evaluate operating procedures, systems and reports to ensure integrity and reliability of data, and compliance with established standards. Verify and analyse records and reports. Prepare audit findings.
- Project management
Learn to manage and oversee various projects. You will develop leadership, organizational, coordination and communication skills.
- Preparing financial reports
- Follow-up of the company’s cash flow
- Help with end-of-month statements
- Assist with Financial Audit
- Collaborate with the finance team on yearly forecasting efforts
Types Of Programs Available For This Industry
Kick-start your accounting internship with a paid remote internship that allows you to intern with global companies from the comfort of your own home.
6+ month International Internship
Build a global career with our paid 6+ month international internship in Accounting
Get A Head Start In Your Career
- Accounting Made Simple – Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less By Mike Piper
- Warren Buffett Accounting Book: Reading Financial Statements for Value Investing Buffett Book Edition By Stig Brodersen and Preston Pysh
- Financial Statements: A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports By Thomas R. Ittelson
- Financial Accounting: Ifrs By Jerry J. Weygandt, Paul D. Kimmel, and Donald E. Kieso